Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A change is as good as a rest!

Hello lovely people, I have missed you all so much! 
Apologies for not blogging for a while but life has been a little hectic of late, plus I sort of dropped out for a few weeks! That makes me sound like I went a bit mental for a while doesn't it? How could you tell?! Actually, I had an opportunity to spend a whole month in the Med and as any sane, travel loving, sun seeking, ever so slightly spoilt person would do, I jumped on it! So this usually super disciplined yogi left her mat at home (naughty) and hopped on Ruby Princess for 26 days of drinking great wine in Italy, shopping in Spain, visiting ruins in Greece, hobnobbing with the rich and famous in Monaco and generally lounging about and being waited on. Poor me!
The good news was that the gym on-board was fab and so I did manage to pilfer a mat and ease my conscience with a few down dogs on the trip. I also whipped into a speedy Warrior in all the good touristy spots for a photo so thats something!!! Not exactly a dedicated month of yoga practice but hey, a girl needs a break every now and again!
Pompei

Mykonos

Monaco

Pisa

Rubbish warrior, Rome!

Venice - most people would have one with a canal in the background!!!

So apparently September is the month of change! Well you can say that again, but lets not get all deep and meaningful! I love this idea of September being the month where, it's not only acceptable to say "Out with the old and in with the new", but it is actually a good healthy activity! So I have been thinking hard about the changes I want to make in the little world of Sophie and for once they are not all about getting rid of the wrinkles, having a bottom transplant and being as thin as Posh Spice! I have real life grown up changes to make my friends! I have decided that I am going to be a little more discerning with the people who I choose to share my life and in a non-selfish way, I am also going to do the things that I want to do, not the things that other people guilt me into doing. The change needs to be a positive thing and enhance your life so...I have also changed from Persil to Fairy non bio...environment and all that ;) I have even changed my hair do!! How about that for radical?!!
What was it my old mate Ghandi said? "Be the change you want to see in the world". Do that by all means but why not be the change you want to see in you! And September is the time to do it!
I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment